Guess what laptop I will get, and WIN A PRIZE
UPDATE: The contest will be automatically cancelled if there are less than 15 entries by October 10 (when the contest closes).
That’s right. I am actually going to get a souvenir in San Francisco, and just give it to the person whom guessed the laptop right.
So I’ve won a ThinkQuest Website Competition back in June, and as a result, I get to go to California in October 10 (6 days away as of date of posting) and get a laptop worth of $1500. Just to make myself even more excited, I want to host a mini contest here.
This contest will run until October 10. I won’t know the answer to this question until around October 13th, but I will release the answer (and pics!) right away when I get it.
Here are some hints:
- The laptop’s approximate value is US$1500 (you might want to calculate tax in it as well…)
- HP and Dell are major sponsors of the event (that probably won’t mean I’ll definitely get HP or Dell)
- They might not have bought the laptop on the day that they give it to me…
- It’s probably not a customized model (which means fixed specs), so on websites like HP’s and Dell’s, I suggest you look for Quickship models
Comment on this post with your answer, probably with exact brand/model/specs by October 10. Here’s how I will determine who’s the closest (example values):
- EXACT: Apple Macbook Pro 13’’ 2.53GHz
- CLOSE: Apple Macbook Pro 13’’ 2.26GHz
- 2nd CLOSE: Apple Macbook Pro 13’’
- 3rd CLOSE: Apple Macbook Pro 15’’ (whatever specs)
- 4th CLOSE: Apple Macbook Air
- 5th CLOSE: Whatever laptop with with 2.53GHz CPU, 4GB RAM, 250GB Harddrive
Each person is only allowed to enter this contest once. If I catch anybody cheating, you will be disqualified.
The value of the prize will not be less than US$3. Only ONE person with the closest/exact answer wins. In the case of tie, I’ll use a random generator to determine the winner. I will most likely just hand you the prize in person if you are in Hong Kong or Shanghai (you’ll probably have to wait until December for Shanghai people), or via paypal for other people in the world (Paypal not applicable for real life friends in Hong Kong or Shanghai)
Feel free to visit the website that I won!